Thursday, September 4, 2008

Getting over the flu

It was dreadful but since I couldn't move too much I read two books I've been meaning to for a while. The books were,
Child of God by Cormac Mcarthy and One Day In The Life Of Ivan Denisovich by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn. I am pleased that I read them they were both pretty short which was a nice change from the mammoth books of church history and theology I usually pass my time with. I am currently reading Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad which is just starting to hold my attention after the first few pages. I can't wait to see NiN on Saturday ,I really think that Lauren and I could go on mastermind together chose NiN as our subject and win with ease.. I suppose the only things I really know a lot about are NiN,Manson,Insects and Star Wars oh and James Bond I suppose. What a nerd I am. I will surely be an incredibly boring old man. The sparrows outside the kitchen window are lookign in and are holding their beaks open simulating a mute scream, It reaminds me of that unnerving scene in Jurassic Park with the Velociraptors in the kitchen. Incidentally Velociraptors weren't much like those created for the movie at all and were more similar to the Deinonychus . Velociraptors weighed even less than Snow Chubbs.
Heres a picture of what a velociraptor should have looked like. And the Deinonychus..
So there you go no more need to have nightmares about the Velociraptor (but probably about the Deinonychus instead)