Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mae hi'n bwrw glaw







I was just rained on for the first time in a while. I was checking the mail box and realized rain is utterly different in California. The rain is a part of the architecture of home and totally mundane. Here it brings with it something else, a feeling I can not put my finger on. The rain isn't at home here like it is in Britain. I miss feeling natures presence in my day to day life. I miss the drenched socks and stinging ears. I miss being able to really feel the world the way I did when I was totally subject to God's good earth. Not even the rain in New Orleans is the same, back home it feels like a constant comforting reminder of personal insignificance . A connection with the surrounding area's history occurs during a downpour.It is a strange visitor here, like me. The connection to the earth I had is lost here probably because I don't have a visible physical experience of man not being able to stop nature.